Columnaris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it was my tank, I would use the 10:1 bleach, let it bake outside for a few days, then soak.

Ok so I broke down the tank and its currently sitting outside waiting for me to get some bleach. btw what do you mean by
then soak.
? Also I was just wandering if for the 10 to 1, 9:1 would be a little easier since its a 10g tank, so should I just do that? Thanks.

Soak the inside of the tank with 5x the dechlor. Like 10G's of water, and 50G's worth of dechlor. Why don't you just do 10G's of water, and one cup of bleach? :)

Prepare a ten percent bleach solution by mixing nine parts water with one part bleach in a clean bucket or container (example: mix 9 cups water with 1 cup bleach). Submerge the aquarium items in the solution and soak for ten to fifteen minutes. If cleaning an aquarium, simply fill the aquarium with the ten percent bleach solution.

Following the soak, drain off the bleach solution, rinse the container, and refill it with clear water. Place the items in the clear water and allow to soak for another fifteen minutes in the water. Rinse well with clear water and allow to air dry.

So that would be 1G of bleach?

"Submerge the aquarium items in the solution and soak for ten to fifteen minutes. If cleaning an aquarium, simply fill the aquarium with the ten percent bleach solution."

Ok, tank is filled with water and bleach which was slowly stirred in "until the water has the smell of a fairly strongly chlorinated swimming pool", with decor added. I also covered it up with a garbage bag to prevent evaporation and any animals from getting into it.

K so I put about x dechlor in the bleach water (so that later I can eventually just pour out the water onto the ground) and after covered them back up. Later I'll smell to see if I can smell any chlorine and if not I'll pour out the water. Then Ill rinse everything with the water hose and let it bake out in the sun. Afterwards I'll probably rinse or maybe even soak it all in some more dechlored water, just to be safe. Does all this sound ok?

Back
Top Bottom