Common or sailfin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they're the same. I must have a common sail fin then cuz mine has a huge dorsal fin. But aren't they still the most common you find at the lfs?

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they're the same. I must have a common sail fin then cuz mine has a huge dorsal fin. But aren't they still the most common you find at the lfs?
They are similar, but they are different species. The sailfin is also known as the leopard pleco (at least thats what google told me). The common also has a large dorsal fin, but I believe the sailfin's is supposed to be bigger. Yes, the common pleco is the most commonly sold pleco species.:)

absolutangel04 said:
They are similar, but they are different species. The sailfin is also known as the leopard pleco (at least thats what google told me). The common also has a large dorsal fin, but I believe the sailfin's is supposed to be bigger. Yes, the common pleco is the most commonly sold pleco species.:)

Yeah from what I've researched it's very confusing! Because from looking at my pleco he must be a common leopard sail fin! :) lol!

mail

Back
Top Bottom