Compatability/stocking question - minnows and rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StellaStars

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello!

Started my planted 5G with two Gold White Cloud Minnows as "starter fish" at the suggestion of the LFS. They've seemed pretty happy in the space.

Yesterday, after getting a gold star on my water parameters from the LFS, I added 5 green rasboras. One died within hours, but the other four are very active.

The minnows are hiding a bit more today than they used to. I'm wondering if the active little rasboras are stressing them out. Sometimes they all swim together, but not often. I haven't seen any aggression or fighting.

If I got two more rasboras (bringing the total to 6) would they calm down at all? I know they prefer larger numbers. Or would they simply outnumber the minnows even more than they do now?

Or perhaps I'm worrying too soon and I just need to let everyone get used to each other?

Thanks!

Well, I think I worried too soon. There seems to be mostly harmony now.

The minnows do take breaks in the plant cover now and then but they also all hang out together.

I still wonder if the rasboras would be happier in a larger group but I also don't want to mess with the balance if it's working.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom