Complete aquarium newbie, needs plant ID and serious help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishN00b83

Aquarium Advice FINatic

OK so I bought a 40g breeder tank and Ive been trying to figure out what I want to do. Being the person I am, I started researching aquascapes like CRAZY. I have come across a few choice ones that I want to come close to, but one really stands out. The attached image is the closest I can find to what I want my tank to look like. I am going to have more roots shooting down from one side, and I'm going to have some rocks in there, but this image is close. My questions are:

Can anyone identify these plants?

What lighting will I need for a 40g breeder tank?

Will CO2 be needed to get this kind of layout?

Where can I get these plants from?

I really want to get all these plants in the picture and rearrange them to my liking and ad a few things of my own. I just need to figure out what I need first. I am going to order all the stuff I need this weekend. Can anyone help here?

There are crypts, some type of moss, hair grass, the tall narrow leaf plant could be a val nana. It is a pretty tank.

There are crypts, some type of moss, hair grass, the tall narrow leaf plant could be a val nana. It is a pretty tank.

It's almost perfect for the fish I want. I want to get the tank planted and cycled before I put in the fish. I just need to know what to get this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom