Condy...maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Firemedic1081

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, like a lot of other newbies, I need help identifying an anemone. I think it's a condylactis but his foot is white. Everything I have read says that it's foot should be red/ orange.

Attachments

• image-939369271.jpg
    image-939369271.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1716618593.jpg
    image-1716618593.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image-2633867754.jpg
    image-2633867754.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 88
Looks like a pick tipped haaitian condy. i had one but returned it. LOL The thing gets huge! have you had your tank up a year? What kind of lights you running? Theyre real needy on the lights.

I've only had the tank about a month but it had been set up by its previous owner for about 6 years. I'm adding more lights tomorrow actually. Right now it has only a single 4ft T12 actinic and a single 4ft T12 10,000 K but it will have double that in the morning.

Hmm I'd watch him for sure. They are tough to take care of and seem to have a mind of their own. lol

Are you just getting new T12's to add on or did you go with the t5? I've never heard of t12 btw, my bad.... hehe

That sure looks like him.
Yes I'm adding the 2 more bulbs. The T12 are the 1 1/2 inch tubes. Thicker than the T8 but same idea. They are fairly hard to find. They came with the tank so I am adding them. I am going to upgrade to a 125 gal in the fall. I am doing a serious light upgrade then but hoping to sneak by with this for now.

It's a bleached Condy and not considered delicate by any means. What size tank?

Bleached is when the symbiotic algae, Zooxanthelle, is expelled from it's host. There's several reasons why it could happen, but in this case it's more than likely due to lack of sufficient light. Zooxanthelle is to these organisms what chlorophyll is to plants. If I didn't mess my science up there.

MrPeon99 said:
Bleached is when the symbiotic algae, Zooxanthelle, is expelled from it's host. There's several reasons why it could happen, but in this case it's more than likely due to lack of sufficient light. Zooxanthelle is to these organisms what chlorophyll is to plants. If I didn't mess my science up there.

Yep your right.

That is probably the right thing to do. Anemones are very hard to take care of and usually are more of a pain than an enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom