Confused maxi jet 1200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is it a power head or a pump? I ordered it to replace the bio cube pump after researching and reading what others were doing as far as upgrades. But as I read it sounds like a power head. Did I order the wrong thing? It said maxi jet 1200 off the The site inTank.

It's both lol. My friend told me to get it for a reactor and I thought it was only a power head too but then he showed me he was using it as a pump.

slitherbomb said:
It's both lol. My friend told me to get it for a reactor and I thought it was only a power head too but then he showed me he was using it as a pump.

Ok cool I'm replacing the pump in the bio cube with this one. Nano reef and a bunch of other nano forums and site recommend it as one of many upgrades.

Sounds good, I've been planning on doing the same in my cube just haven't gotten to it yet. LOL Maybe today now that it's on my mind.

carey said:
Sounds good, I've been planning on doing the same in my cube just haven't gotten to it yet. LOL Maybe today now that it's on my mind.

You mean I did a good thing?! lol. Whew... Hey Carey I also got my light for the window in the back. The Coralife 11".

View attachment 71241

Last edited:
The maxijet is a powerhead, but it moves enough water that is could be used as a pump for a nano tank. One of the major issues I've had with that particular pump over the years is cheap impellars that seem to come apart all the time, so keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom