Considering a new addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been interested in getting a Volitan Lionfish. I am curious about its aggression and eating habits. I know it is a carnivore but are they aggressive enough to go after some other fish I have in my tank? If it is likely, would there be any other lions you'd recommend? For the record, I have a 210 reef. I have some goby's but the smallest fish I have currently is a blue damsel. The tank has been set up for over a year and is doing great. I do have corals, but I don't think the lion would bother corals, but then again that is why I am doing research first, because I don't know. Thank you all for your input. :thanks:

Sorry, pressed send too soon! I do think it will eat smaller fish and not corals so much but your snails or hermits will most likely be lunch. If you got a juvenile one and perhaps a dwarf you would have better chance of it not eating your inhabitants!

I was considering the Volitan Lionfish but with its size as it grows, I don't want my gobys to become lunch. I do have a cleaner shrimp and an emerald crab that I think would be an issue. Maybe Ill have to pass on the lion. If I do get one, at this point I think it will have to be the fuzzy dwarf.

Back
Top Bottom