Convict tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your gonna do a pleco then is keep the driftwood in the convict tank for the pleco. Also give them some hiding spots, a ceramic flower pot is good to use also.

I have one pot that I broke in half that's I'm there now, and I have another whole one I can add, I'll probably pick up an extra one or two just to give more hiding places.

So now to beginning the wonderful convict build :) I'm starting to clean out the empty 30g in my room. I've gotten the rocks cleaned that will go in the 55g convict tank. Next on the list is getting all inhabitants out of the 55g so I can get out the sand and plants and begin that transfer to the 30g.

Wow.. I wouldn't take down a nice display tank for convicts. The 55 gallon will be better though as you will be needing all the space you can get. Convicts are good parents, especially if they are in a species only tank. You will soon be overrun with fry and you will have a hard time getting rid of the babies as nobody really wants convicts.. Stores sometimes don't want them either because they are not hot sellers. Sorry to sound harsh but I've been there done that so I know. Do some research and find yourself a local club that you can get together with. You will have access to better and rarer fish.

Well... So much for this build... While I was moving my 30g to clean it I dropped it and it cracked :((( No fun!

Now that means you can start a DIY thread on how you replaced the broken glass pane.

I doubt I'll bother with doing that, the tank was given to me, sad it happened, but I'm not all that worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom