convicts vs midas who would win?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

covicts vs midas

• convict

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • midas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
the midas would just in shear size, my midas is just over 10". could swallow all three of my full grown convicts, as babies however,, the convict may imo establish dominence early on. the other problem with a midas is they are not really territorial fish,, where ever they happen to be is thier territory, ive witnessed this behavior in 4 midas of differnt sizes and tank arrangements

Ok, but convicts are mean, I have seen a 3 in convict tear into a 6 in jack dempsey. I am sort of having this problem now, with a 2 1/2in convict and a 4 in jack. Personnally I think it all depends on he fish.

The midas will go where it wants when it wants especially when it gets to be aroung 10 inches. I had my Midas in a 55 with a pair of breeding Cons. The Cons would just move into their cave when the Midas came by their territory. Occassionaly they would try to chase the Midas away, but it usually just made the Midas mad. He would then keep the Cons trapped in the cave.

In my book, this is no contest... My Midas has killed a Green Terror, three Cons, a Texas, a Flowerhorn (cheap, fortunately...), a Pleco, and... I think that might be it. Needless to say, I have him in a tank by himself now :) My Cons are pretty nice and social--except when they have kids :)

Back
Top Bottom