Cool pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found this polyp eating a sponge. It took me a min to figure out what was happening. Still kind of confused.

Attachments

• sponge eat getting eatin 001.jpg
    sponge eat getting eatin 001.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 92
Great shot! Is it eating a sponge or macro algae?

They will try to eat whatever they catch. I've seen some of my hairy mushrooms catch and try to eat macro algae as it floated by.

It is a sponge. It some how got one of the fingers of the sponge.

Hhahah that's awesome. I still to this day have never seen a coral eat another object. Only seen a carpet nem eat a silverside, which was pretty gruesome.

Wait until you see a Zoa excrite it's waste. Goes in one way comes out the same...Almost like a Toyota.....lol

Hhahah that's awesome. I still to this day have never seen a coral eat another object. ....

Hey... what's that lump inside my open brain?...

img_1098800_0_33246f4b7639a4098e46345144828c33.jpg

And hey... where's my favorite trochus snail? Oh. Nevermind.

img_1098800_1_fdcda155f1868c20eb1539b24c09f325.jpg

I woke up one morning to see that lump in the coral, and thought, "Gee... that looks just like the shape of a trochus snail." About an hour later I was walking by the tank and saw it puking out the shell.

Only thing I can figure is that the snail fell off my rockwork and onto the brain upside down. And of course, the brain decided to "sample" what had been given to him. Snail was a definite goner by the time it was totally expelled. This is the same brain that ate a shrimp molt, then puked it back out.

Sweet. I think i might feed my coral occasionally for fun. When i get some! :p

But nothing live.. Not a big fan of forcing the nature thing. If it happens.. it happens. But i won't be the cause of it. ;)

That's awesome Kurt. I am going to work hard to take pics of cool stuff. Just talking about it does no justice. I had a hermit kill a snail and pull his body out. I watched a recordia stretch its mouth over to the snail. A mushroom was feasting along side other snails and hermits. That's why i love SW.

Back
Top Bottom