Cool water corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am thinking of taking down one of my 30 gal QT tanks and making a tank with a chiller for catalina gobies. I will have lower wattage in the tank so it will be easier to cool. My question is does anyone know how mushrooms and zoos will do in water that is around 68-70 degrees? This is just a idea so input is appreciated.

Tampa bay salt water keeps some reef tanks at 64 or so. I don't think it would be a problem with the right corals. Buggered if I know what they are though.

A temperature thread came up on a local board and seems like some of the local reefers actually keep there reef tanks in the 70+ degree range. I was unaware that anyone did this.

Might be very possible based on the locals here.

There are people on RC that has coral water marine tanks set up. They have certain kinds of anemone and fish not much corals though.

There are some you can do this with but you just have to make sure you keep it constant. Up and down swings is where you have problems.

Back
Top Bottom