copper question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have used a 40 breeder that was once a QT tank and was hit with copper a few times. I was able to make it a sump for a thriving, invert filled, reef with no ill effects. I didn't use a copper test. I simply took my chances at the time and it turned out working in my, and my livestock's, favor.
I briefly glanced at this-
Copper accumulation... [Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
And before I started to drift off, I noticed that it had different effects on the anemone at different dosages. It's not a case where a tiny bit is going to wipe out everything. How much is the question. Ultimately, none is best.

I have used a 40 breeder that was once a QT tank and was hit with copper a few times. I was able to make it a sump for a thriving, invert filled, reef with no ill effects. I didn't use a copper test. I simply took my chances at the time and it turned out working in my, and my livestock's, favor.
I briefly glanced at this-
Copper accumulation... [Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
And before I started to drift off, I noticed that it had different effects on the anemone at different dosages. It's not a case where a tiny bit is going to wipe out everything. How much is the question. Ultimately, none is best.

Thank you for making my stress level go down

Update... everything is alive and thriving. The blue tang has even lost his ich!!!! So I still have my fingers crossed. Thanks again yall.

Neither here nor there, but back in the day we used to use pennies to treat diseases in aquarium fish....that was when pennies were made completely of copper that is. Real scientific like LOL

Neither here nor there, but back in the day we used to use pennies to treat diseases in aquarium fish....that was when pennies were made completely of copper that is. Real scientific like LOL
Believe it or not but I've heard some people use a bracelet copper for healing something or prevent some kind of disease, but I don't think it's the ich lol

I have a sign posted over my fish room door

it says and I Quote :

"YOU TOUCH MY TANKS I BREAK YOUR FACE"

so far it's been effective lol

it's basically for visitors

Back
Top Bottom