Coral Beauty ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jburgi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have been having a problem with conflicting information on the coral beauty. My LFS is getting some in this week, and I would love to get one....I just want to make sure that if I do get one, he will do well in my tank.

Some things that I have read says a 30 gal is min tank size and other things that say 55 gal is the min. My tank is a 47 gal. The other thing is that my tank is tall...not wide, do they need more room to swim?

I have also been reading some conflicting info on reef compatibility. I don't really have anything as far as coral right now, but I am hoping that once I get my lights upgraded to get some corals.

My current tank residents are 2 firefish, 1 maroon clown, 2 emerald crabs, 2 peppermint shrimp, 1 skunk shrimp, and various hermits (red leg, blue leg, scarlet).

Any advice/suggestions are very appreciated!
Jessica

I have one in my reef and have had no problems. That said I don't believe it will stay that way forever and I don't think everyone will have long term success. Even though it's a tall I'd say it would be fine. They stay small and the swim with the rocks, not really in long straight lines. The more rockwork, the better your CB will be. Keep well fed and they should do fine. Hope that helps. BTW, I love my CB.

my CB didn't mess with anything until I tried changing my feeding schedule. I was feeding 1 cub daily & I cut that back to every other day and on the odd no feed day I would notice he was really interested in my Zoa's. I did see him nip 1 time & that was a on the odd no feed day & at that Moment I went back to daily feeding & didn't have a prob after that. Currently he doesn't nip anything!

cause he's dead@:bawl:

Back
Top Bottom