Coral Frag ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked this up after I traded in some xenia and zoa drags yesterday at the LFS. They wasn't sure what it was either. Any ideas?
nQf7m7v.jpg

Looks like a positive ID on the leptastrea
. Thanks guys. It probably is a little stressed. I wasn't sure what it was but it was an accidental order from the LFS and I had to have it, plus priced at $15. I read they like medium- low light with moderate flow. Hope it does good. Looking for a good place for it now. Wait till I post the 75% dead red open brain coral o got in the deal as well. Part of a "rescue mission" to say the least. It was once beautiful. Lost its mouth in the coral dip last night, thinking for sure its dead now, but just now noticed a possible new mouth!?! We will see.

Open brains are a tricky coral IMO. I've never had them do well long term. A general rule of recovery is stable, pristine water conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Open brains are a tricky coral IMO. I've never had them do well long term. A general rule of recovery is stable, pristine water conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Water conditions are great but doing a big water change tomorrow because it has been a little while since my last one. I do already have an open brain that I've had for years. Its a green one and has always done pretty fantastic even with my 2 clowns that host it. They are always rubbing and nestling in it. I really don't have high hope for this new guy but it has some great color and id love nothing more than to see it pull through. I did see a few tentacles extended today during feeding, but still not sure if it has a mouth. I'll post a pic of it...its so sad.

Back
Top Bottom