Coral ID, and worth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knuckles23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I have a friend who has a beautiful reef tank 150gal. who needs to dismantle. It was left to them, by a roommate, who is simply not interested. Anyways.. Here are 2 pics.. Any help identifying some of the corals? There are 4 fish, ( a black clown, blue tang, chromis) choc starfish, and a lot of corals. SO anyhelp identifying some of the corals? what is a fair price to sell all the live rock, corals, and fish? Thanks, as always!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 013 (2).jpg
    013 (2).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 86
Looks like Green star polyps and some type of zoa. Price varies by region though, so i couldnt help much. Zoas would be probably 50 for $10 tops. Gsp low as well. The rock live, $3/lb depending on if coral or other stuff is on it.

I agree with AMD. Looks like some common zoas and green star polyps. Both are nice beginner corals and not very expensive. $2.50 - $3.00/lb for the live rock is a good price.

knuckles it does look like zoes and star pylops. here are a few options on how to get rid of that aquarium and all thats in it, that is if you want to get rid of it all at one time. post in the local news paper,craigslist, a form like this or go to one of your local stores not your big box store like petco or petsmart, fine a private owned store an they are almost always intrested in local raised stuff from retireing aquarist. LOL and that does happen quit often. heres about what you should be able to get for it $2.00 per lbs.for live with nothing on it and $3.00 - $3.50 with corals on them hope this was helpful

I cant belive the prices in US. In australia for about star poylps, About the size of a coke can bottom is about $40. lol.

It is best to sell it as a whole a lot easier to get rid of everything that way. See if there is a local reef club or a state wide forum.

Back
Top Bottom