Coral list wants reasurance.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, here are my potential corals and they are in order from the time I am getting them. I have a 32 watt bulb half actinic half daylight on my 7 minibow. Please give me lots of feedback on which will do good and which will not

1. Zooanthids
1. Green Star Polyps
1. Xenia
2. Gorgonian (not sure quite yet)
1. 2. 3. Tons of Ricordea (this will be added whenever i find some)
3.Poss. a plate coral
3. Open Brain
3. Frogspawn
3. Torch coral

1.= put in after 2 months
2.=put it after 3 months
3.= put in after 4-5 months

They all look like good choices given the lighting. Just a couple things to take into consideration:

-the xenia and GSPs can spread like weeds so keep a close eye on those
-make sure the gorgonian is of the photosynthetic variety, and i would probably avoid briareum (again due to its tendency to overgrow anything in its path)
-if the plate coral is Fungia sp. excellent choice, if its Heliofungia its going to get way to big (i'm already running out of room for mine :D )
-a frag of torch or frogspawn would look great!
-can't go wrong with zoanthids or ricordea...my favorites after acropora

what are you using for circulation in this tank?

I have a 10 gallon fuge, btw welcome! with a maxijet 1200 return and an elbow on the end that is pushing the water around upstairs (in the bow) it is the small Fungia kind yes

Sounds good! I had a mini bow I was planning on setting up as a nano, until I decided to knock it off the table while painting the back :oops: :)

OO That sounds bad. I want the xenia mainly to have something to frag out. I am in a frag trade group and need a good medium

dustin- If you want xenia, try and get the pom-pom type instead of elongata, much prettier and less evasive IMO (email me and ill hook ya up) :D

Ok, thanks man. I was really wondering if the stuff you had was pom pom or not. I would love to get some frags.

yeah i have both, the elongata grows like craaaaazy, the pompom is a little bit slower, but its still pretty fast. here is some of my elongata/clove polyps
attachment.php

heres some of my pom-pom
attachment.php

attachment.php

WOW, i want some of that! Maybe you can throw that into the ol' thermos in a few weeks. Got any of it fragged up?

Back
Top Bottom