coral pest help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marquis

Aquarium Advice Freak
i recently noticed a few random yellow polyps closed then one by one vanished before the last one was gone i picked up the shell they where growing on and noticed tons of flea sized bugs everywhere and a bunch of beetle looking things i kinda thought where flat worms but i didn't know flat worms moved fast

ForumRunner_20120518_164146.jpg

ForumRunner_20120518_164131.jpg

Those aren't hurting your coral, they are just cleaning up anything that's there. there are no "beetle-like" bugs that eat zoas or soft polyps. Those pods are most likely cleaning up the remaining flesh from the lost polyps.
The only thing i'd look for is perhaps nudibranchs.

mr_X said:
Those aren't hurting your coral, they are just cleaning up anything that's there. there are no "beetle-like" bugs that eat zoas or soft polyps. Those pods are most likely cleaning up the remaining flesh from the lost polyps.
The only thing i'd look for is perhaps nudibranchs.

i thought they were pods but wasn't sure so flat worms don't move fast right? iv just never seen them before there small white body with black in the middle

What type of flat worms are you speaking of? There are many. I don't recall any common ones that eat zoas. Flat worms do move slowly though.

mr_X said:
What type of flat worms are you speaking of? There are many. I don't recall any common ones that eat zoas. Flat worms do move slowly though.

i just meant their speed in general

Back
Top Bottom