Coraline??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torrie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so idk if this is Coraline or not it is red but also stringing, good or bad?

Attachments

• image-23368511.jpg
    image-23368511.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 146
Water changes, lights on less hours, cut back on feeding, syphon it out. It's one of the hardest algaes to get rid of. Do a search on this site to see how others have done it

I change my water almost everyday a lil at a time I test it daily and I will sit there for hours just watching to see what happens next what pops up. I feed my fish once in the morning and a half hour after I turn lights out. What is the correct hours of lighting I have corals that react and I know they are suppose to but I really don't want them to die. I am sorry I am all new to this my boyfriend got me a biocube from the lfs and they just told him to add chemicals and then add rock fish and coral so yeah it been a nice long wreck..

Another question lol do run a skimmer if not these can help some people say you might not need one for a cube but in my opinion it can only help

No no its not gonna kill the coral. How old is the tank, is it still cycling? Can you take a few more pictures fom different angles so we can see how much there is?

Can I suggest that you increase the flow a little in that area, you may find this prevents it from forming. The natural position of the rocks may have caused a little dead spot. This is not a complete solution to the problem as it is likely that nutrients in the water is the cause and altering flow will not effect that itself.

Here are some pics I took this morning.. Thanks for all the help, the tank has been set up since a week before christmas. Yes it has cycled already

Attachments

• image-4069789357.jpg
    image-4069789357.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2807711863.jpg
    image-2807711863.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 84
  • image-680843814.jpg
    image-680843814.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 88
It was def that stupid pest algae took both of my live rocks put them in a bucket of saltwater and scrubbed them.. We will see what that does.. :)

Back
Top Bottom