Coralline...Finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, it took 9 months(kinda like a baby I guess :lol: ) for my coralline to finally start growing....I noticed some purple cobwebs on my back glass! and then upon closer inspection....some purple spots around the base of the tank, just above the sand!

How quickly does it grow?

Before long you will be saying how can I get rid of it? It`s great on the rocks but when it starts getting all over your glass then you`ll be scrathing your head wondering why you wanted it. But it is a good sign that your tank is maturing. Congrats

LOL...I agree! I finally got coraline growing in my 29 gal tank and it was soo bad after a while because I had one of those cheap plastic scrapers. I knew I was upgrading tanks so I just let it do its thing. I couldnt see in the tank right before I switched over. It does look nice on the rocks though!

I guess a razor blade is the best way to remove it when it becomes a nusiance....I think it looks nice on the back of the tank though!

A razor blade works great. Just be careful not to damage the selacon in the tank joints. Scraping coraline off the glass can get it to spread to other areas of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom