Corkscrew Val Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JZK

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20g extra high that is now cycled, 2 danios, 2 guppies, 3 Amano shrimp are the fauna, Java fern, Anubias, Dwarf Sag, Hygrophilia, and a Corksrew Val are the fauna. Substrate is EcoComplete.

Question.... my Val seems to be yellowing and melting a bit. Is this normal? It is a low light (flourescent) low tech tank that I am dosing with Flourish (not Excel). The roots of the val are shaded under a large section of driftwood but the rest of it is under the light. The rest of the plants are doing find.... new growth on the Anubias and it has only been in for about a week.

Any ideas?

My val did that in my low tech low light setup. I added some root tabs to help supplement it with iron and after a bit of melting while adjusting to my tank it is doing great, growing quickly with great color. Perhaps give root tabs a try, vals often need iron supplements to prevent problems.

My val did that in my low tech low light setup. I added some root tabs to help supplement it with iron and after a bit of melting while adjusting to my tank it is doing great, growing quickly with great color. Perhaps give root tabs a try, vals often need iron supplements to prevent problems.

Thanks! I have some root tabs so I will give those a try. It is about 20 inches tall,should I use a few or just two? Don't want to over or under dose.

I have two vals close together, so I put one tab underneath each and they're doing great.

I usually put one root tab under substrate in every 2" x 2" area where there are heavy root feeders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom