cory cat substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Either way, whatever you do, just remember that your tank needs to maintain that biological filtration that your current gravel provide, and removing it could be dangerous to the health of your tank.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Aquarium Advice Mobile App

Because yiu don't have a UGF there is very little BB in the gravel. Changing all of it at once will not affect the nitrogen cycle because most of the BB is in the filter. If you are afraid of a mini cycle you can fill mesh bags with some of the gravel until the BB gets established, but this is not necessary.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dont, but ive seen videos and they look super happy

I dont have any knowledge on this, but ising basic knowledge, u could probably scoop out some of the rocks from the top layer, take the decorations out, remove the fish, and pour a top layer of sand, let it cycle for a couple more days and let it settle, then add decor. And fish.

As was said earlier, the sand will sink below the rocks. And will clog an internal filter if it sits on the bottom.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no i have an internl filter that hangs on the side into the tank..a tetra whisper 40 i think

Sent from my LG-D415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If the filter intake is not sitting on the bottom, you may be ok.

Otherwise, consider switching to an HOB or Canister filter.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom