Cory catfish HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I've had these two cory catfish for almost two years but lately one of them's been acting funny. He just floats around a lot, sometimes vertically or on his side but then he seems to fix himself. But this morning I found him lying on his side looking dead. I prodded him a little with the net and he moved but he can't seem to get off his side and right now he's actually on his back! Is there anything I can do to help him?? Oh and by the way I don't actually know if he's a boy or girl if that makes any difference.

Is he bloated? What are your water parameters? Tank size? Tankmates? It could be a lot of things.

So I'm actually working on getting the parameters now (using liquid test kits) but the last I checker pH was 7.6 and nitrate and ammonia were 0. I have a ten gallon tank and in it I have balloon mollies and another cory. I recently tried to keep an otocinclus but he died. I don't think he's bloated but but his spine is bent so I'll attach a picture-- sorry for the bad quality.

Attachments

• image-2367419070.jpg
    image-2367419070.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 75
Okay so the pH is still 7.6 and the nitrate is still 0 but the ammonia is really bad between 2 and 4

And now he's on my plant (i dont know why the leaves are black but half of them are and the others are normal)

Attachments

• image-3715398633.jpg
    image-3715398633.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 80
Yea, I defenetely see te problem, your ammonia is off the charts for an established tank( I think it's established, right?) that's probably the cause

So is there anything I can do that might help my cory? All i have is easy balance plus and nite out 2 but the second one is wayy old and as for medicine the only thing i have is triple sulfa. If i need to i can run to the store.. And yes my tank is established

Yea do water changes every 2-3 hours, and hope for the best, go get yourself some calming medicine, good luck

You could even shut your aquarium lights, it might help with stress. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom