Cory egg pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is so exciting! will you sell the fry or keep them?

As for me, I don't know what I'm doing with them. I plan on keeping one or two, maybe a third, undecided there, and then either giving the rest to people I know or trying to figure out how to sell them. My mom suggested trying to sell them to Petco, since the other pet stores up here I don't like, but I looked it up online and everything I read about it said that Petco and Petsmart doesn't by locally bred fish. So idk what I'm gonna do.

I have unloaded surplus snails via my local Craigslist. I also got fish that way, both salt and fresh with no issues. You might consider that if you end up with tons of corys. That way you don't have to mess with shipping.

I have unloaded surplus snails via my local Craigslist. I also got fish that way, both salt and fresh with no issues. You might consider that if you end up with tons of corys. That way you don't have to mess with shipping.

I also was suggested to sell on here, but the shipping bothers me. Don't know the way to do it and don't want to send fish and have them not make it. Not the reputation I want.

I feel the same about shipping. I know people do it successfully all the time, but it still makes me nervous.

I'm thinking about putting the 7 remaining cory fry into my empty 10 gallon. I have a heater, bubbler, extra filter that's been running on my 20 that I can switch over so it'll be an insta-cycle, and extra plastic plants and caves. Still has some leftover gravel in the tank, and i don't need to buy anything new, so setting the tank up will be relatively easy.
My concerns are that some of the fry are still tiny, while others are about 1/4". I'm afraid that in a 10 gallon, they won't be able to find enough food. But keeping 7 in a tiny breeder box until they get big enough to go in the main tank will get crowded. I like the idea of the small plastic tank suggested earlier, but my schedules been crazy lately, and I'd hate to get stuck at work late one night, and come home to find them dead because I wasn't able to do a water change in time.
Maybe I should just wait until they're a little bigger to switch them over to the 10 gallon...

Also, I have two penguin 150s and a top fin 10 on my 20L. I've kept the top fin running for just such an occasion, if I needed to set up the 10 for qt or a hospital tank. The two penguins will be more than enough filtration for the 20, but should I be concerned about a mini cycle since I will be removing some of the BB from the 20?

Any suggestions?

With moving them to a ten, personally I would but the key is to divide it into a smaller portion for them so you have greater food density, then as they get larger gradually increase the size of the tank portion you have them in.

...that's actually kind of genius!

I have a tank divider somewhere too... I guess I could put them in 1/3-ish of the tank, and let the heater/filter run in the open side of the tank. Keep a bubbler running for a little movement...

Ill have to give this some thought. Thanks for the idea!

Down to 4. :(
It's so fun to watch these guys grow. I'm really hoping for at least a couple survivors.

Attachments

• image-1680902021.jpg
    image-1680902021.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 61
How cool! Sorry your only down to four though :( I had a cory lay eggs but they got fungus :( Glad you have survivors!

Back
Top Bottom