Corydoras Habrosus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have my 8ish gallon tank all cycled:) *insert cheer* and I'm going to get some Endler's Livebearers sometime soon, hopefully, and someone posted on one of my other threads that corydoras habrosuses could be tank mates but my question would be- is my tank even big enough?

*Cheers for you!* Yes, I believe your tank is big enough! :) I would go with 4 Corydoras Habrosus and 3/4 male Endler's so that they don't reproduce like maaaaaaaaaadddd!! :) I'mm not sure if that is correct, because i have not kept these two fish before but they're tiny right?

IMO that will work. You could do 6. They are really tiny. They are shy and might be timid around those endlers tho. Just make sure they can hide and it should work out fine. :)

Sweet! This is exciting that I can get them! I've always heard good things about the cories!

I really love them. It may controversial to keep them in there, I really can't tell you. But I do own them and IMO it's fine.

Can you find them locally or do you have to order?

I'm going to have to look around... The large aquarium store that usually has most of the fish that I want doesn't say that they have them, so I might have to order online which I'm sketchy about...

I had a group for a number of years. They are fun little fish. Always perched on the leaf of one plant or another.

That's right I meant to tell you..lol..I ordered mine from franksaquarium.com. I must stay some were DOA, but I'm in OR and Frank is in NY so they have a longer trip...though they were shipped express mail. Not sure how great of shippers they are. Frank is closer to you though. Bobstropicalplants.com also carries them sometimes, but they are in CA I believe so it would probably make more sense to go the Frank's route. He's a great guy, super easy to work with, and will guarantee any DOA's(not positive if he will with priority shipments, not all sellers will).

Actually can these go with a betta? I'm thinking about putting my betta in the 8 gallon and in my 5.5 gallon putting like 3 Endler's livebearers, would that work??

I've never kept fish as small as the hasbrosus with a betta, but I've also never seen much aggression from bettas towards other fish so I think it would most likely work. Personally, I think I would give the Endler's the 8 since they are a zippier fish that will utilize the tank length more. I'm really not sure if Endler's are OK in 5.5...their minimum is usually considered 10 but I don't own them so I'm not familar enough to say for sure.

Thanks! She's bigger now but I think that she's just as cute! Thanks again for the info siva:D

Back
Top Bottom