corydoras!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's some of my lovely cories. The top is one of three bought as emeralds, but as they grow they are getting less green and more silver... Any ideas what they could be? They are super active and soo much fun. The middle is one of my two peppereds who just started spawning last week. The last is my very shy tiny sterbai who just won't bond with any of the others. I'm thinking that maybe I will have to find another sterbai to give it a friend. I normally buy at least two of each kind, but it was the last and my LFS was selling them as peppereds so I got a heck of a deal. Do you think it needs a sterbai buddy or is it okay since it has other cories if it chooses?

image-1829983541.jpg

image-1180773072.jpg

image-4148258673.jpg

Here's some of my lovely cories. The top is one of three bought as emeralds, but as they grow they are getting less green and more silver... Any ideas what they could be? They are super active and soo much fun. The middle is one of my two peppereds who just started spawning last week. The last is my very shy tiny sterbai who just won't bond with any of the others. I'm thinking that maybe I will have to find another sterbai to give it a friend. I normally buy at least two of each kind, but it was the last and my LFS was selling them as peppereds so I got a heck of a deal. Do you think it needs a sterbai buddy or is it okay since it has other cories if it chooses?

Thats up to you, some chose to be alone one of my emeralds is like that and there are some days he/she chose to be with the others, now that my emeralds are older they look kinda gold but have a green sheen to them in the light. I do know that the cories don't care the color of the other they all will accept each other.

Okay, that's what I thought. At first I thought it was sick. But I've had it for at least two months now with the same activity level, so I figure its okay. Then I thought it was because the sterbai was the smallest so I bought the "emeralds" which were even smaller then the sterbai that the time. Nope, it didn't want anything to do with them either. So now I'm thinking it's just a loner. I think it is really pretty though, so I'll keep checking with that LFS to see if they get any more "peppered" in. ;)

Ok, WHAT KIND OF CORIES ARE THESE!? LFS tank had a label that said pigmy cories, but I thought they loooked more lime peppered cories. Even the LFS worker wasn't sure.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121213_174722.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121213_174722.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 139
  • ForumRunner_20121213_174854.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121213_174854.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 138
Lt. said:
Ok, WHAT KIND AEE CORIES ARW THESE!? LFS tank had a label that said pigmy cories, but I thought they loooked more lime peppered cories. Even the LFS worker wasn't sure.

They look like peppered cories to me.

Could just be stress from the move. Sorry about your cories :(

Are all cories really sensitive to stress? I lost my last one the other day, that's all 4 of them, and all of them after water changes. I really like the panda ones but if they're more suited to well established tanks and really experienced aquarists then I won't get any more. Are there any tougher ones that would be ok in a 43 gallon?

My two newest died ( false leopard) found them this morning tested the water for everything all was good so not sure what happened I'm very saddened over it.

Sorry to hear that i think it happens sometimes,some cope with stress of moving others seem to not though,mine ive had 2 and half year but his 2 mates didnt last as long as him,depends on age maybe as well. :-( always sad to lose our beloved fish

Okay, that's what I thought. At first I thought it was sick. But I've had it for at least two months now with the same activity level, so I figure its okay. Then I thought it was because the sterbai was the smallest so I bought the "emeralds" which were even smaller then the sterbai that the time. Nope, it didn't want anything to do with them either. So now I'm thinking it's just a loner. I think it is really pretty though, so I'll keep checking with that LFS to see if they get any more "peppered" in. ;)

I have a cory false julii he had 2 other mates in beginning but he is on his own now,ive had him 2 n half year,but now im changing species i got 6 cory habrosus the little guys and he swam.sometimes with them and other times not,i lost them though cos after that my tank went into a mini cycle as i added too many cos added endlers as well,i thought with them being small,it was a very sad disaster,and my julii is only one left how he survived i do.not know he is a toughy and he is happily going about his cory buisness and is fine !!! So i think they can be solitary if they want to be but once tank has completely stabalised,nearly there im going get a Betta and if he settles in ok with my cory,ill get a few little guys again for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
@fishy monkey - yes some are very stressed. Albinos and Emeralds seem to be hardy IMO. Haven't been able to keep pandas alive either ;( .

I also noticed that with the leopard 30 min drive stressed em out n they died. Odd

Just wanted to take a moment to say goodbye to my little buddie. My first Cory , Whitey, died this morning. We have been threw a lot. He made it threw a cycling! RIP you will be missed

Attachments

• image-3738118462.jpg
    image-3738118462.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 127
My newest, poor thing was all by itself with no other cory pacing up n down the tank :( had to bring it home. (Huge emerald)

ForumRunner_20121227_193118.jpg

Long story short a chichlid snatched it right out of the socket.

Back
Top Bottom