Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaffooJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! I got in an argument with my buddy today on whether or not different kinds of corys school together. I said that they are best with their own kind (like jullie with jullie or panda with panda) My buddy said that 1 jullie, 1 panda, and 2 albino corys would do just fine in a tank. I always thought that 4 or more of their own kind is best suited. My question is, which one of us is right? Are we both? :thanks: :fish2:

Haha, alright. I just decided to buy 4 of the same type. Plus they were on sale so that worked out. Thanks for the help!!

Corydoras

Hello! I got in an argument with my buddy today on whether or not different kinds of corys school together. I said that they are best with their own kind (like jullie with jullie or panda with panda) My buddy said that 1 jullie, 1 panda, and 2 albino corys would do just fine in a tank. I always thought that 4 or more of their own kind is best suited. My question is, which one of us is right? Are we both? :thanks: :fish2:

Hello Maff...

Corydoras aren't schooling fish. They're shoaling fish. Schooling fish like Tetras, stay together in a tight group for protection. When one moves, the others mimic that move.

Corydoras forage in very loose groups (shoals) and their movements are individual.

I keep a lot of these fish, different species in the same large, planted tanks. They don't really stay together much. Most seem prefer to forage on their own.

B

Haha, thanks for the response. I guess we both were kinda right. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom