Cotton wooly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BozziniINC

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everybody

Well my last 4 days have just been wonderfull :/. Sunday night i go to my lfs to get a new fish for my 70 gallon tank along with a oscar and a sengal bichir. Put him in tank everythings fine. Monday i wake up and my oscar has the crap beat out of him. So i take back the jack dempsey and get some melafix to help prevent infection. Tuesday white growths are growing on him. I find out its cotton wooly disease so i call my lfs and they say keep doing the melafix daily and add aquarium salt and turn up the heat. I also did a 20 gallon water change. Wendsday i wake up more wooly growths. Again i call the fish store and they say put him in a small tank and try to wipe off the fungus with a washcloth. So i try that and i get 60% of it of and i put him back in the tank. So idk what to do at this point im just gonna keep putting melafix in their everyday. Anysuggestions? I dont have a filter on hand for my other tank

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom