Could this be some kind of worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Veggiegirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About a week ago I bought a pajama cardinal from my lfs. Today i noticed that there is something long and white that appears to be coming out of it. I looked up some information and as far as i can tell, it might be a threadworm. It's very skinny and white with something that looks like ridges on it. My fish seems healthy but i'm worried because the info i found said it could be fatal if not cured immediately. Sorry i don't have a picture but could someone please help me figure out how to identify it and what to do about it. Thanks

Veggiegirl said:
Today i noticed that there is something long and white that appears to be coming out of it.
From the skin or the anus?

Could be an internal parasite problem which will require treating in a QT tank.

Cheers
Steve

It was coming out of this fish's anus but it seems to have gone away overnight. I'm sure it's still a problem though. What should i do?

Stringy (often white) feces are generally the sign of an internal bacterial/parasite problem. Most time a stint in the QT treated with Metronidazole will do the trick if so.

Cheers
Steve

Haha...i don't know if it was fish poop or not. It definately looked like something that was alive. I'll figure out something i guess. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom