CPD getting bullied by her constituants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyLoach

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I hope I am choosing the right way to ask this question. My apologies if I have used the wrong thread.

I have 5 CPDs in a 55l newly cycled, fully planted scapers tank with a couple of snails at the moment. I began with 3 adult lady fish, Flicka, Ricka and Dicka. Three days ago I added a younger bachelor to the mix and yesterday I added another younger lass to the brood to complete the collection.

My question is this: The newest addition, Tilby, albeit a bit smaller than the three original CPD women but the same size as Svengali, the lone manfolk, is being bullied by all of the others. If I were to add one more smaller female would this reduce the bullying Tilby is recieving? or will there simply always be an omega fish within a batch of CPDs.

I would prefer to keep only 5 CPDs as I was hoping to add some a couple of Kuhli loaches in this tank but if this is unrealistic or if the addition of another smaller CPD will help, then I would certainly do so.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I would go with 50 CPD's and then a handful of khuli loach's. Then you are guaranteed to spread out any aggression from the CPD's.

Back
Top Bottom