Crab Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bea_celina

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Day fluff,

i am bea, a student of NEgros Oriental State University.. i do this research for complying my course requirement..i do really need help in identifying this crab i caught from my trap in which I didnt intentionally got it.. i've seen this forum and maybe, if only or by a chance you could identify it or you are familiar with it..

your help would be a great to me..

thanx...

3002573404_faf6ee2c46.jpg

3002573302_f09c07da5b.jpg

3001738015_eb12021646.jpg

3001737955_23ebc93c20.jpg

Wow, right now I have no idea but I am happy to try and help you find out. This looks like a sizable crab, not the typical crabs I'm used to ID'ing. I'll see what I can find and post back.

I've also moved your post to it's own thread. :)

thank you so much its a great help!!!

hope you would help me and if you have friends who knows how to identify it, please!!

thank you, thank you, thank you...

What I've come up with is that it appears to be a mud crab. Scylla serrats In my searching, they've also been called black crabs and mangrove crabs. HTH

thank you fluff

i was thinking that this crab is scylla yet i cannot consider it because the last pair of its legs are not flat, which they are pointed, therefore i cannot consider it scylla..

how did you do that? what is your basis in classifying it?

what is HTH?

thank you...

I have no idea then what it is then. There is very little real info on crabs and ID'ing them. I simply did a search of crabs in your area. This is the only large crab that I could find that was even close. Nothing scientific about my guess at all.
I would offer to you to try a site called wetwebmedia.com, maybe they can help. They are pretty good at ID'ing critters or at least can get pretty close.
HTH means Hope This Helps.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

thank you fluff i would really love to visit that website.. ill keep in touch of the info's..

God Bless You...

Back
Top Bottom