Crayfish eggs helllpppp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ayeejustin01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
okay so my Female crayfish has had eggs for a while now. So i recently moved her to a 10 gallon tank because the eggs are white with a little brown . Well when i went to check on her i moved her to a container to see how the eggs are doing." this container isn't temporary". Well as usual she got nervous and swam to the corner of the container and some eggs fell off. So i just put her back in her 10 gallon tank but left the eggs in the container. This morning i checked and the eggs... the eggs have little legs sticking out of them and moving but they aren't walking there on there sides but are moving with the egg still around them. I put them back in the tank but i cant find them. But i'm confused if the eggs aren't hatched but they have little legs sticking out of them then what is it??? please help me... :(

You need to make sure to put an air stone in the container with the eggs. It seems the babies are hatching. Normally after the embryos develop, the babies still remained attached to the mother's tail. She helps to get the babies oxygen by fanning her eggs and moving them around. But since these ones are now on their own, keep the water well oxygenated with an air stone as I mentioned. They'll get food from their yolk sac until they become more fully developed and you can begin feeding.

Back
Top Bottom