Crazy Loaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My loaches (2 yoyo and 1 angelicus) have been absolutely crazy the past week. They are swimming in circles in the back of my tank. The only thing I have done is a 40% WC 5 days ago. I had a golden weather loach that would have these crazy fits and then stop. This is non-stop and they only stop to eat and they are back at it. Is this just play or have they gone bat **** crazy?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a golden dojo loach, pretty sure that's just another name for weather loach, they look very similar. He swims around his tank all day long looking for food and exploring. Occasionally he will stop and rest but otherwise always active!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I read on loaches online that it may possibly be spawning activity and every 3 weeks they go through a "dance" where they swim tight circles around each other. I can't tell if there is even a female in the group because they are hard fo me to sex. I had them for approximately 2 months and this is the 1st time for this constant play.

Mine do too but this behavior is a little more constant. They have settled down a little bit today.

Mine look like they have been in the coffee jar (except in the morning when you would think they were dead).

Mine do too, but this behavior has been more constant than in the past 2 months. They have settled down slightly today.

Did you add anything new to the tank? Any chemicals, fish, food, different water source?

Sent from peliper

Nope, just a water change. Ammonia-0, Nitrites-0, Nitrates-20-40, PH-6.8.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom