Crazy possible stupid idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I built this water fall in my tank and I want to grow some java moss so here is my crazy idea...the water fall is being supported by my aquaclear 70..the stack in my aquaclear is sponge poly-fil sponge I want to put java moss in my filter so it will attach itself to the plastic part of the filter and grow down onto the water fall...i know its crazy but I think wants its attached then I can take out the top sponge replace it with a new one and keep an eye on it so it doesn't grow into the filter....

I really just want to make sure that if I do this it won't destroy my filter lol

Haha, I attached some to the intake tube of my filter (not the strainer). But if you can somehow attach it to the out take it'll work

Yeah I think I'm going to take some tooth picks and grab a clump and hang it so its coming out the filter and then tooth pick it at the edge of the sponge right by the out take

Oh wow that looks so cool! I would love doing something like this but my oscars would just mess it all up and probably hurt themselves in the process.

I'm pretty sure it will work. Just make sure it doesn't go more to the filter

Back
Top Bottom