Crazy weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel your pain. It's not fish related but yesterday a gust of wind picked up my sons trampoline and wrapped it around a telephone pole. It's completely destroyed. They are almost $300 new and we got less than a year out of it. So bummed. To make matters worse, my son has special needs and doesn't really understand what happened. I've already promised a new one. I'm praying I can find one used I can afford. SIGH.

I feel your pain. It's not fish related but yesterday a gust of wind picked up my sons trampoline and wrapped it around a telephone pole. It's completely destroyed. They are almost $300 new and we got less than a year out of it. So bummed. To make matters worse, my son has special needs and doesn't really understand what happened. I've already promised a new one. I'm praying I can find one used I can afford. SIGH.

Hope you were able to replace it!

Just wanted to update with pics!

6 year old's new ten gallon. Cycled now with help from substrate from his brother's 20 gallon. Just has his brother's female guppies and a yellow mystery snail in at the moment. Pretty nice for a $10 stand!

img_1269458_0_ee57ee7a67e1480757484f9636b18fe8.jpg

img_1269458_1_59885149bff015cae9e276e4e107e6f6.jpg

Lights off bubbles shot:
img_1269458_2_943066d9c5d3c604cf8629e72cba20f1.jpg

wow definitely worth the $10 bucks...wish I got that deal..did your 6 yr old designed this one himself? :)

He picked the skull ornament, the green plastic rocks (green is his fav color), and the plants; I aquired the stones and bought the terracotta pot (we were thinking of getting ADFs, but I'm not sure that is still the plan). I put everything together in the tank. The background was on the free 10 gallon hermit crab tank that came with the stand. I took it off and put it on his tank instead. My 8 year old is now jealous and wants a background for his tank...guess that's next on the list of things to buy for his 20 gal. ;) :)

hehe..you have 2 beautiful artist in your hand....very nice that they are really into this hobby..

The 20 gal at the time this happened had:

1 powder blue dwarf gourami
2 female fancy guppies
1 green cobra male guppy
2 longfined zebra danios
1 rubberlip pleco
4 ghost shrimp

It also had a few small guppy fry in it. In the whole mess, all we lost was one of the ghost shrimp. He's still in the process of slowly stocking his tank and has added a few fish since this happened and as I said, his two female guppies are now in his brother's 10 gal. (I need a break from the guppy fry!) We were talking about getting an ADF or two for the 10 gallon, but my 6 year old hasn't quite made up his mind if that's what he wants yet.

Back
Top Bottom