cyano...again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had the old red slime a while back and got rid it it with red slime remover. Now its back but only in the low flow areas. I've been checking all my water parameters and everything is good. Nitrates wad just a tag high but I did a water change yesterday with ro /di water. Could it just be that I need more flow around my rock work?? I'm pretty sure u could use another powerhead but what else could really be causing it?

It won't grow if there's not excess nutrients. If your nitrates and phosphates are low just use the slime remover again.

That's what I'm doing. I usually feed with frozen prawn roe. Ova nutramar to be exact. Fish and corals love it. Problem being how much is too much to feed? Its so tiny of a food I usually dissolve a piece about the size of a pea and feed the the tank. And I feed my corals with tweezers with different stuff. I only have 2 fish and 2 shrimp. Some snails and hermits. Should I cut down on the prawn roe?

Absolutely. If its not all being consumed its adding to nitrates. Also, you don't need to feed coral unless it's non photosynthetic.

OK. Thanks. I rearranged my rockwork for better circulation and I'm cutting down on the feedings. I only feed my Duncan a little bit a couple times a week. Its growing great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom