Cycle Complete!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADW76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so the pain is finally over, and I had to spread the word. On Day 65 of my cycle with fish, and an ick outbreak a month ago, it is finally complete. My Ammonia & Nitrite is at 0, Nitrate finally spiked to double what it was. My 30-gallon tank is now cycled. I didn't believe it at first, but its now 10 days later and it has been 0,0,10 consistantly. Just before I do a water change (once a week), the Nitrates get to about 20, and the ammonia & nitrites remain at 0. I have to admit, I did add two fish before the cycle was totally done, but all the fish seem happy and eating well. I just added 2 cory cat's and will add two more probably next week. I didn't want to add too much bioload all at once.

Anyway, this isn't really a question - but wanted to share. I've asked a few questions on here when I was getting started and got some really good advice - thanks all!

Congrats on your newly cycled tanks! :D I still remember how excited (and relieved) I was when my first tank was finally finished cycling. Now you get to start truly enjoying the best part of having a tank and hopefully you learned that it is ALWAYS worth it to be patient, especially in this hobby.

This has really been the first positive experience I've had keeping fish. I'm hopeful it will serve as a constant reminder for me that being patient is the only way to be in this hobby. I've never had a tank with water parameters as good as this one. I'm actually due to change the carbon filter in the tank today, but I'm scared to. I don't want to mess up the balance. I probably will do it anyway, as the bio-filter is still intact, but I must admit it is making me a bit nervous. Thanks again for all the encouragment.

Back
Top Bottom