Cycle Done? ( Pic )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RRiley774

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389750871.913040.jpg

Fish in cycle ... Tank has been running for close to a month. Current stock 2 guppies and a ghost shrimp.

Well ammonia should be 0. I dont think its done no.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looking for some expert input here bc I'm alittle baffled on this one on where my cycle is at exactly.

My amm has been inbetween .25 - .50ppm everyday for the past week or so. My nitrites continue to remain at 0 and my nitrates have been on the rise from 5ppm up to 10-20ppm during that time. I took my water up to a local fish only store last weekend they said I was very close to being fully cycled but it has been a week since then so I'm just wanting to get some more opinions on what others think I have in my cycle process.

Side note ... The two guppies and the ghost shrimp seem as healthy and active as ever. I do put " Prime " in my tank everyday to protect the fish until I get a firm grip on what my waters doing..

Looking for some expert input here bc I'm alittle baffled on this one on where my cycle is at exactly.

My amm has been inbetween .25 - .50ppm everyday for the past week or so. My nitrites continue to remain at 0 and my nitrates have been on the rise from 5ppm up to 10-20ppm during that time. I took my water up to a local fish only store last weekend they said I was very close to being fully cycled but it has been a week since then so I'm just wanting to get some more opinions on what others think I have in my cycle process.

Side note ... The two guppies and the ghost shrimp seem as healthy and active as ever. I do put " Prime " in my tank everyday to protect the fish until I get a firm grip on what my waters doing..

It's normal for the ammonia to remain the light green colour which represents 0.25ppm during a fish in cycle. Mine stayed like this for a months then one day it went yellow. 0.25ppm is the total ammonia. Free ammonia is the percentage of total ammonia that is toxic. The percentage of free ammonia in ph and temp dependent. The higher the ph the more toxic is becomes.

As long as you don't see ammonia rise further or record a reading of nitrites then you are fine and all is on track.

Adding prime is also good but not strictly necessary.

Patience is key now. One morning you will wake up to find a fully cycled tank. Just enjoy your fish now.

Back
Top Bottom