Cycled 10g, Stocking Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a 10g aquarium as a just in case tank, and cycled it with some media from my 44g. It is now cycled, and I'm wondering what I should stock if anything at all.

My Ideas thus far,
Option 1. Shrimp only, I was thinking of some of those pumpkin orange shrimp, or RCS, or yellow neos, or some neon green shrimp I saw on aquabid.

Option 2. A Beta, not sure what kind though.

Option 3. 2 Dwarf Puffers, because I think they look cool.

Option 4. Small school of fish, I already have CPD's in the larger tank so something different possibly.

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome!

So is it a hospital tank or are going having it as a display tank? If its a hospital tank I'd suggest leaving it empty. You don't want to be shuffling shrimp, fish and plants just to accommodate a sick fish.

If its a hospital tank I'll need add an ammonia source to keep the bb alive. Its more or less there. I haven't really decided. More or less suggestions are welcome.

eAts said:
I bought a 10g aquarium as a just in case tank, and cycled it with some media from my 44g. It is now cycled, and I'm wondering what I should stock if anything at all.

My Ideas thus far,
Option 1. Shrimp only, I was thinking of some of those pumpkin orange shrimp, or RCS, or yellow neos, or some neon green shrimp I saw on aquabid.

Option 2. A Beta, not sure what kind though.

Option 3. 2 Dwarf Puffers, because I think they look cool.

Option 4. Small school of fish, I already have CPD's in the larger tank so something different possibly.

Any opinions and suggestions are welcome!

It's hard to leave a tank empty...huh? I have a 10 gallon that's next on the build list after my 55 is cycled...so I'm following this thread. :). I have been debating a really fancy beta...but I just love the idea of a planted with a school of nanos and scarlet bandis or peacock grudgens. I still need to research what's compatible tho.
I love dwarf puffers...but they sound difficult...and I have enough challenges...lol. I would think you could have shrimp with the schoolers...I love Phoenix rasboras.

It's hard to leave a tank empty...huh? I have a 10 gallon that's next on the build list after my 55 is cycled...so I'm following this thread. :). I have been debating a really fancy beta...but I just love the idea of a planted with a school of nanos and scarlet bandis or peacock grudgens. I still need to research what's compatible tho.
I love dwarf puffers...but they sound difficult...and I have enough challenges...lol. I would think you could have shrimp with the schoolers...I love Phoenix rasboras.

It sure is difficult to leave it empty. I may just use it as a hospital tank, but I really don't want to.

eAts said:
It sure is difficult to leave it empty. I may just use it as a hospital tank, but I really don't want to.

If I were you, I'd buy another HT that you just put in your closet, a small tank is super easy to cycle in a day with seeded material from your big tank, I would then make a heavy planted ten with hat ever you wanted in it. I had a 3g HT when I had my 29, when I upgraded to a 55 I replaced the 3 with a 10 that I couldn't keep empty so I upgraded that to a 20 long and now my ten is in the closet waiting for me if I need it. It don't know if that's an option for you, but I'm glad I did it haha. More tanks + more fish = more awesomeness, IMO haha

I currently just started a 4 gallon planted shrimp tank and I LOVE it. I stocked it with red cherry shrimp, and they swim constantly! So cool!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom