Cycling and a fat Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KLAstark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started my 29 gal high tank about 6 weeks ago with eco complete under my carbisea (sp ✔) White sand, it's lightly planted with 3 anubis, cluster of wisteria (man that grows fast), and a sword plant. I treated it with safe start and aqua safe from tetra. I originally used test strips and my readings always seemed perfect. I had a diatom bloom, so I thought my tank was ready. It had been a month since I started my tank, and I followed the directions and replaced my whisper filter. So I got a thomasi pleco, loved him so much I decided to get 4 julii Cory the next day, again bad I know, I checked my levels with my new API liquid kit, and found 0.25 ammonia, I immediately did a PWC, held food for a day, checked levels daily, now 6 days later my tank seems to be stabilizing, but still not down to 0 on ammonia. In the past few days my largest Cory is easily startled and has a growing belly.

New for my questions:
Did I start a mini cycle by replacing my filter?
How long will it take for achieve a 0 ammonia?
Do you think my tank was cycled before? How can I tell?
Is my Cory with eggs or getting bloated? She eats plenty, more than the others and has normal color.

Ammonia<0.25
Nitrite<0.25
Nitrate<5.0

:thanks:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom