Cyperus Helferi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nkoyko

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 plants in my female betta's aquarium and was trying to look up online how best to care for the plant and can't find any good info on the plant. I've had it in her tank for a little over a month now and some of the tips are browning but it's still a bright green color and I can't really tell if it is growing or not because it's just a bunch of swaying grass. Does anyone have any experience or advice with this plant?

I dose Flourish and Excel about twice a week or when I do a water change on her tank. Temp in tank is 80.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In my experience with it, it takes a few months to get settled in before it really starts growing

Caleb

Thank you, Brennae! That does help a bit. I'm going to guess the browning tips are it acclimating but I can't find anything on if it is a root or column feeder. I have placed root tabs under it and I dose the column just in case but not sure which is best for the plant. But possibly it may be a column feeder as the site says it needs macro and micro but I feel like root feeders require the same.

I'm sorry about rambling but I'm notorious at killing plants of all kinds and really don't want to kill these because they are nice to look at.

It's likely just acclimating. With a root tab and nutrients in the water it will settle in and do fine depending on lighting.

Caleb

Thank you both so much! I'll keep up on the root tabs and ferts and see how it does.

That's what we're here for. That and what else would we be doing on. Saturday night?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom