DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Hahaha!!! And u haven't had any problems?? Other than a diatom bloom?

None at all. I've only had my nano up since August but my 55g freshwater has been running since the end of march.diatom are gonna happen whether you rinse or not. It's a silicate sand.

Bearchumjs said:
None at all. I've only had my nano up since August but my 55g freshwater has been running since the end of march.diatom are gonna happen whether you rinse or not. It's a silicate sand.

Interesting lol well it's only 2 bags of sand so maybe it won't be too bad to rinse off.. we shall see haha

Ya I'd just rinse to get rid of dust or small particles from packaging. This way it won't cloud so much when you add it and if it ever gets stirred up.

My sister rinsed hers and it was still cloudy. I honestly don't think it'd make a difference. But, you can always ere on the side of caution and rinse it. :)

Mrc8858 said:
Ya I'd just rinse to get rid of dust or small particles from packaging. This way it won't cloud so much when you add it and if it ever gets stirred up.

Yeah this is true, good point. Guess I'm gonna rinse it lol

How does everyone feel about "Bio-Spira"?

Also, what kind of epoxy should i be using for the rocks?

Rough draft... still have another 15lbs of dry rock from BRS coming in sometime this week...

Let me know what u guys think (honestly)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121119_143214.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121119_143214.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 82
Thanks guys! im still iffy on it, i feel like it doesnt look natural at all, kinda hard to build a scape around an overflow box too lol... well hopefully BRS sends me some decent looking pieces that i can add on :)

To be honest I don't like much at all about that scape. I'd start over. Sorry but being honest. I think you need more of a base structure with gradual steps since your scaping such a tall tank to make it look more natural and the smaller gaps in the structure imo should be removed by refitting the rocks together to have a more "seamless" look.

I agree, it isn't looking to good. With so little rock you may get a better scape if you divide it into two sections, one with nearly all of the best pieces of rock and the other with the leftovers that'll be waiting on the other 15 pounds, with just a few inches in between (that may not be the kind of look your going for). It's pretty flat as well. If the rock curved towards the front galas and back towards the back it would be more dynamic. It's so hard to do but the more you play with it the more ideas you'll get. Keep sending us photos!

I appreciate your honesty guys and like i said, i was iffy on it myself and as i stated "rough draft". i think im just gonna wait til my other rocks come in, then start from scratch. lol ugh i hate scapingg..

DanS180 said:
I appreciate your honesty guys and like i said, i was iffy on it myself and as i stated "rough draft". i think im just gonna wait til my other rocks come in, then start from scratch. lol ugh i hate scapingg..

I like coralines idea with having 2 different sections.

Don't be afraid to bust out the hammer and chisel ;) I've found tin snips work pretty well too on reef rock.

Mrc8858 said:
Don't be afraid to bust out the hammer and chisel ;) I've found tin snips work pretty well too on reef rock.

Hammer has already been out.. my problem is, nothing is looking good once I break them.. and now my big rocks are all becoming smaller n smaller lol

Oh n to top it off.. for some reason its gonna take 10 days before I get my order from BRS... ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom