DanS Future 90 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dan, its looking awesome. The good news for you is the Cyano isn't really noticeable in your pics. Keep them coming. I love it. BTW, looks like I may start converting my 180 at the end of he year.

Dan, its looking awesome. The good news for you is the Cyano isn't really noticeable in your pics. Keep them coming. I love it. BTW, looks like I may start converting my 180 at the end of he year.

Thanks Sean! I can't wait to be completely rid of it again.

That's awesome Sean, I can't wait til I get a bigger tank down the road. :)

Hey Dan what do you dose your tank with? And how often? I have a few more corals now and am interested in how and what you do.

Cheers mate.

Hey Dan what do you dose your tank with? And how often? I have a few more corals now and am interested in how and what you do.

Cheers mate.

Well I'm new to it myself so I dunno how much advice I can give Lol I dose with a 2 part solution(alk and calcium) that I bought from Bulkreefsupply.com.

Basically you gotta figure out where u want ur numbers to be and then figure out how much u have to dose a day. Lot of monitoring and testing when you first do it.

Well I'm new to it myself so I dunno how much advice I can give Lol I dose with a 2 part solution(alk and calcium) that I bought from Bulkreefsupply.com.

Basically you gotta figure out where u want ur numbers to be and then figure out how much u have to dose a day. Lot of monitoring and testing when you first do it.

Ok mate, sounds complicated lol. What are the recommended levels for those 2?

How much did you pay for the Darth mauls and where did you get them? I want them soooooo bad but $40 a head is rediculous

How much did you pay for the Darth mauls and where did you get them? I want them soooooo bad but $40 a head is rediculous

Got em from a friend and they weren't cheap, but they're not $40 a head. I've never heard of that. I sell mine for $10 a head.

Almost everywhere I see online is 30-40 a head. If u don't mind me asking where are you located and do you ship?

Alk is supposed to be anywhere between 8-12°, I'm keeping mine at 8.5-9 and calcium should be somewhere between 400-500ppm. Mines at 460ppm.

Ok cool, well am I right in saying that if you test the water and the parameters are all ok there is no need to dose? Also I'm guessing if you have loads of corals then there is more need for dosing as they will use more alk and calcium.

Ok cool, well am I right in saying that if you test the water and the parameters are all ok there is no need to dose? Also I'm guessing if you have loads of corals then there is more need for dosing as they will use more alk and calcium.

You've answered your own question Lol yeah I have a ton of corals in my tank so they use more alk and calc. Usually you can replenish them with a weekly water change but my tank goes a little bit faster than that so Im at the point where I have to dose

You've answered your own question Lol yeah I have a ton of corals in my tank so they use more alk and calc. Usually you can replenish them with a weekly water change but my tank goes a little bit faster than that so Im at the point where I have to dose

Well I have just bought a full JBL marine test kit. It tests everything you can think off! Think I will test the alk-calcium at the weekend then every week along with everything else. I only do a monthly wc of 100L I have been testing regular but not with the new test kit, and everything is fine and running well.

Well I have just bought a full JBL marine test kit. It tests everything you can think off! Think I will test the alk-calcium at the weekend then every week along with everything else. I only do a monthly wc of 100L I have been testing regular but not with the new test kit, and everything is fine and running well.

Nice! I try to do biweekly water changes but its tough with work right now since I'm working 6 days a week :/

I use the B-Ionics two part (Ca and Alk) as well. I keep my Ca between 400 -450 ppm. My Alk I keep between 8.0 to 10.0 ppm.

Thanks for the feedback regarding dosing I have been trying to test my water now for 3 days but just haven't had time. Tomorrow I WILL test it.

I will let you know how I get on.

Oh just one more question. Is it a liquid that you use to dose or powder?

Thanks in advance ;-)

Thanks for the feedback regarding dosing I have been trying to test my water now for 3 days but just haven't had time. Tomorrow I WILL test it.

I will let you know how I get on.

Oh just one more question. Is it a liquid that you use to dose or powder?

Thanks in advance ;-)

That's okay! Lol and its liquid.

Back
Top Bottom