Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Birthday Dary. If you want your head to recover quicker, you need to practice more. ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Happy Birthday Dary. If you want your head to recover quicker, you need to practice more. ?

Oh I've had plenty of practice ,... It's just the body that trying to tell the mind to " stop now " before it's too late !!!
Thank you all for the well wishes ,..it truly means a lot !!!

Dang guys I'm only 28 and my knees are already jacked. Guess that's the price you pay doing flooring for a living. Happy birthday by the way man!

I'm 20 and in need of knee surgery lol. It's from a chronic condition I've had since I was little though. Happy birthday!! Hope I'm still in the hobby by 63, that would be fantastic. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Same with me dude. I made mine last but it hasn't been easy. I hope you have a long time with reefing. Can't imagine what it will look like when you are our age.

I'm 20 and in need of knee surgery lol. It's from a chronic condition I've had since I was little though. Happy birthday!! Hope I'm still in the hobby by 63, that would be fantastic. :)

Alyxandria ,... Wow I'm so sorry about the surgery !!! I truly hope you hang in there regarding the hobby , it's such a trip being able to do what no one ever thought was possible ,... I'm always amazed every time I open my door and see my tank knowing that I actually did it !! Thank you for the birthday wishes !!!

Yikes sorry to hear that! Hope all goes well. I do believe I'm in this hobby for life! :)

Now that I've seemingly gotten all my parameters stable , especially my alk , what hammers ,torches and chalices that were fading away have reversed themselves and seem to be be making a very nice recovery. I decided with fingers crossed to once again dive into " hammer time " and get a couple of frags , one golden hammer and another neon green hammer , I also bought another bubble coral which I've never have successfully kept long term either,.. So armed with enough new knowledge to be totally dangerous I'm off again ,.. I believe the new corals will be in on Thursday , I'm pretty optimistic that I'll be able to keep them going this time , I kind of have a better understanding of what was going on tank wise so I'm excited by the new challenge .

Sounds good! I just got a golden hammer this weekend too. Very happy with it, it is also my first wall hammer, as the other is branching.
Glad the alk is where it needs to be. I've always known it to be important, but never really put together the effects of what can happen if it goes out of whack.
As for the bubble coral, they can be pretty hard to keep. Once algae gets on the skeleton it is hard to keep them. Mine is in pretty rough shape, but appears stable. The key is the flow to them I think. Needs to be gentle. Something that I'm not very good about it seems until too late. It is in a happy place now, but we'll see if it can ever recover in size.

Piece of cake. Now chalices and open brains on the other hand...not so much. The bubbles are very sensitive to flow patterns. This one took over a year and looked like it was dying until it took off. They also like light.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430864771.882724.jpg

Piece of cake. Now chalices and open brains on the other hand...not so much. The bubbles are very sensitive to flow patterns. This one took over a year and looked like it was dying until it took off.

View attachment 271694

You take beautiful pictures !!!

I was a commercial photographer for many years, so I better be able to make a decent photo. Thanks, your very kind. It's fun taking pictures of a passion.

Sounds good! I just got a golden hammer this weekend too. Very happy with it, it is also my first wall hammer, as the other is branching.
Glad the alk is where it needs to be. I've always known it to be important, but never really put together the effects of what can happen if it goes out of whack.
As for the bubble coral, they can be pretty hard to keep. Once algae gets on the skeleton it is hard to keep them. Mine is in pretty rough shape, but appears stable. The key is the flow to them I think. Needs to be gentle. Something that I'm not very good about it seems until too late. It is in a happy place now, but we'll see if it can ever recover in size.

I've learned a lot about alk going out of "whack" since then and hopefully I can put it to good use .... I decided to go with the hammer frags this time just because I think it may be a little more " forgiving " and may grow into the tank easier than trying to relocate a full size specimen that was weeks ago prob off the coast of Australia or some other exotic reef bathing in the beautiful pristine waters of some atoll . :-/ ,... Just seems unfair to toss something like that into my waters at this time.

I was a commercial photographer for many years, so I better be able to make a decent photo. Thanks, your very kind. It's fun taking pictures of a passion.

And it shows ,.. Not only are the subject framed beautifully but it's the lighting that almost makes it seems like it was taken right off the reef itself ,... And we both know what that looks like !! Job well done .

I was browsing over some Hawaiian snorkeling pics I took ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430947395.185201.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430947408.585869.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430947422.221094.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430947435.935929.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430947450.937149.jpg and thought you might enjoy a little life on the reef

Back
Top Bottom