Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sooooo, I decided to try the laser again and it slowly started to melt away a mushroom,.. But once it started to wither a large serpentine starfish came out if nowhere and wrapped some arms around the shrunken mushroom and I think was feeding on it,... Must of been like smelling a hamburger being grilled on a bbq ,... It's back again eating the mushroom :) this is starting to get neat
Add on: I melted another mushroom about a foot from the other one and yet another serpentine star came out and presented the same behavior ., I guess to a serpentine star , fried mushrooms must be hard to resist

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Sooooo, I decided to try the laser again and it slowly started to melt away a mushroom,.. But once it started to wither a large serpentine starfish came out if nowhere and wrapped some arms around the shrunken mushroom and I think was feeding on it,... Must of been like smelling a hamburger being grilled on a bbq ,... It's back again eating the mushroom :) this is starting to get neat
Add on: I melted another mushroom about a foot from the other one and yet another serpentine star came out and presented the same behavior ., I guess to a serpentine star , fried mushrooms must be hard to resist

LOL. That's pretty cool. I love fried mushrooms!

Absolutely nothing worthwhile going on in my tank world at the moment ,...The only semi entertaining thing that has happened lately is when I was scraping off some hard algae with my tunze scraper , somehow one of the plastic scrapers came dislodged and slowly spiraled to the bottom of the tank , by the time I could figure out how in the heck I was going to retrieve it a serpent star slithered out of his cavern and grabbed it and starting to drag it back in , what he was going to do with it was anyone's guess.
Sometimes it's the little things that make reef keeping entertaining , btw I did manage to retrieve it in time by using a giant pair of stainless steel forceps

Sean, yes ,I may have a more stringent work ethic then others and may push myself to the limits , but by god once the beer runs out the tank is done ! ,...regardless :)

Very nice. Are they all real or are some of them plastic? ;-)

I actually got accused of plastic coral on a forum once. Not here.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Wow .... Plastic would be a lot cheaper I bet ,... I had a plastic plant in one of my frog terrariums once and a girlfriend used to admire how much it was growing , I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a plastic plant ,:-/. sorry Greg but all real stuff here :)

I thought so. The plastic stuff always gets covered in grim and algae. It seems it would be more trouble than the real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Only 27 more days and once again we'll be once again snorkeling the reefs on the big island of Hawaii ,... It's amazing sometimes just how fast it creeps up on you ,... Just thinking about it brings back sooooo many memories ,.. Tomorrow ( day off ) I'm planning on checking out the cameras and underwater camera encloses ,... We've manage to acquire about a half dozen very very pricey wines to bring for sunsets on the lanai ,... Wow , I'm getting a little pumped about going now ,.. Tangs , wrasses,idols, turtles and humuhumu's .... Can't wait !!!

Back
Top Bottom