Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol .. beautiful !!! ..." trouble " huh ?...I'm sure I've met you many times before :)

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
My long awaited heater showed up today ,... a few days ago I realized that I ordered a 1000 watt heater instead of a 500 watt one which I should have ordered in the first place ,... chalk that one up to stupidity and gray hairs I guess,...anyways,at this point it didn't matter ,in went the new one and the tank's temperature has slowly started to climb back up to normal,luckily we've had some very hot weather out here and that's kept the tanks temperature at ,above or near normal the whole time.
I've caught that nasty flu bug that's been terrorizing the community,., arghhhhhh ,.... I've seen far too much of my couch ,blankets and old re runs on tv ,...can't wait until this passes so I can feel human again.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Feeling a lot better these days now,thanks,..... I was doing my pwc yesterday and noticed that the out flow from my reef octopus reactor for my gfo was painfully slow hmmmmm wonder how long that was going on ? I couldn't quite figure things out until I discovered the fitting ( after I broke it ) channels way down in size and that was pretty much clogged up with deposits ,... after a quick trip to duxieline's plumbing department thing we're back online again ,... always seems like something is going astray with these systems.
Anybody out there using chemical pure blue in their tanks ? I've been thinking about trying it in place of my carbon ,I used to use the regular chemipure for my tanks but somewhere down the line it sort of just disappeared from my system .

I have used Carbon off and on over the decades to try to reduce coral toxins in the water. I can't honestly say I saw much documentable evidence it worked. It makes sense to use it, but I don't all the time. My system is pretty efficient at removing nutrients from the water. I also stopped using Purigen and Phosguard. I just didn't see any benefits after using it for years. I use Rowaphos (sp) and that works well for P4 levels. I just got my last Triton test back and other than high lithium levels (few water exchanges and use of calcium chloride) everything checks out.

Upon further review ..As usual greg seemed to hit it on the nose ,... apparently it's just a combo of what we'd be using anyways give or take

I wasn't sure, there may be added ingredients, but what I had read indicated it was a combination of the two products in order to facilitate those with smaller aquariums.

I don't like this new look and all the adds are distracting. I use gfo and carbon reactors on my tanks. It seems to do the trick as long as I keep up with changing the gfo and carbon when I'm suppose to. I get a little lazy sometimes.

Right after my routine water change last week my tank once again shut down causing me some brief moments of panic while investigated the cause of the shut down,... unplugging and replugging each and every piece of equipment yielded little or no results until I discovered that my seaside aquatic skimmer had shut down,...this is a " D.C. " powered unit which is controlled by a electronic box which allows you to pump up the power to the motor or reduce it ,.... upon investigating the overall unit ,it was discovered that either the motor or the electronic box that controls the unit took a dump .
According to reviews by lots of reefers on other forums etc these Jebao motors seem to do that after about a year or so sometimes. The overall skimmer as a whole are awesome to say the least ,I ordered another jebao pump to replace the other one and it finally arrived a day or two late due to a shipping glitch ,... I had to swap out the old housing onto the newer motor along with the pinwheel impeller too,...the new pump fired right up and is now charging along comfortably , I did discover that they have a newer pump the " dct " model that supposedly has been improved , I'm prob going to order one of these new motors and try find a pinwheel impeller that'll work with it. According to skuttlebutt, these motors might also be repackaged as other brands that may or may not have a replacement pinwheel impeller available for a pop in fit .
I did run across a couple of reefers who have actually manufactured a modified pinwheel via 3D printers that are for sale ,...one way or another ,I'll " get 'er done "

Interesting. Sorry that happened to you Dary. History sure has shown us that some of the chinese knockoffs, at least the year 1 versions, have burnt people but improvements are being made.

Back
Top Bottom