Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's so many crazy colored mushrooms out there,..hairy ones,smooth ones, bumpy ones,.... So many to choose from,... Once I get my new tank up and running I'll slowly add a few more of the wilder ones,.... They are also very tolerant of tank conditions and are very hardy ... No special care is needed,..just let 'em go....

I bought some lr also when I bought the shrooms and I think theres a little one on it, yes or no? And I it isn't, can anyone tell me what it is please

Attachments

• image-2875676999.jpg
    image-2875676999.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 122
Dbrown4u said:
awesome, i hope mine do good, what do you feed yours?

They will live off of your lighting and the nutrients in your water... No special feeding necessary

Okay cause I've seen stuff about adding phytoplankton, but if its not gonna make a difference I'll save some money haha

Dbrown4u said:
Any any idea if that little guy's a mushroom also?

Kinda tough to see exactly in the picture but it very well could be new mushroom,...possibly could be a button polyp too,...just kinda hard to tell from the photo

Oh okay, yea iPhone cameras suck, but it's cool cause I didn't web see it on there when I bought the lr or even before I put it in the tank lol after I put it and the new mushrooms in I was like check that out lol and it's directly in the front of the tank for everyone to look at lol

I have a nice big flat rock I am trying to get covered with multiple shrooms. Need to see that Humuhumunukunukuapua'a some more. My next time in Hawaii I will be hitting Hanauma Bay thanks to my new tank.

I have a nice big flat rock I am trying to get covered with multiple shrooms. Need to see that Humuhumunukunukuapua'a some more. My next time in Hawaii I will be hitting Hanauma Bay thanks to my new tank.
we snorkeled at hanauma bay on our first trip to hawaii,...thats what actually started this whole setup and addiction,...snorkeling , humuhumu's and hawaii......ive been hooked ever since.
most of my snorkeling has been done on the big island,...imo the best hawaii has to offer,....got exactly one month from today before we leave :) for maui,... ill be looking for my triggerfish buddies there,...good luck on filling up that flat rock with mushrooms

Say hi to my little buddy huma-huma-nuka-nuka-apua'a.
Tell him his nose doesn't look like a pig. When diving there I use to love feeding the Morays. Went on a night dive and watched the giant Manta Rays feed off of plankton attracted by our dive lights. Many fine memories of that place,

Gregcoyote said:
Say hi to my little buddy huma-huma-nuka-nuka-apua'a.
Tell him his nose doesn't look like a pig. When diving there I use to love feeding the Morays. Went on a night dive and watched the giant Manta Rays feed off of plankton attracted by our dive lights. Many fine memories of that place,

Yeah,..lots of memories for us too,...after the traffic accident with Laura this week and all that's happened ,...we'll really need this time to chill out and relax....last year I decided to go snorkeling in front of our condo and the very first fish I saw was a baby 3 inch humu,.. I knew the rest of the trip was going to be wonderful after that ,..and it was!

It's happening dary...the variety is starting lol

Attachments

• image-3411141709.jpg
    image-3411141709.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3681647762.jpg
    image-3681647762.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 135
  • image-1910307733.jpg
    image-1910307733.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 126
Haha yea I plan on getting plenty more, an nice start on the stand, I really want to build one for my 80g but I think it will be more cost efficient to just use a dresser I already have

Nothing too much to report today,...a 6 am run up to home depot got a sheet of 3/4 " plywood cut to my spec's and installed,... A few assorted trim pieces install and the frame was painted shiny black,.. I found a new paint ( at least to me ) that was a " glidden" door and trim high gloss GEL enamel.....about $17.00 for a quart can,..pretty weird paint because it's kinda like painting with wheel bearing grease,... I really liked it and will use it again,... I'll add the doors etc at a later date but for now ,I just wanted to get the stand framed out for the arrival of the new tank tomorrow,....BUT I do have one question,,....having never owned a large plexiglass tank before,...should I put the tank straight onto the plywood or should I use some sort of a buffer between the tank and the plywood , such as a piece of carpet , styrofoam etc...thanks, Dary

Dary421 said:
Nothing too much to report today,...a 6 am run up to home depot got a sheet of 3/4 " plywood cut to my spec's and installed,... A few assorted trim pieces install and the frame was painted shiny black,.. I found a new paint ( at least to me ) that was a " glidden" door and trim high gloss GEL enamel.....about $17.00 for a quart can,..pretty weird paint because it's kinda like painting with wheel bearing grease,... I really liked it and will use it again,... I'll add the doors etc at a later date but for now ,I just wanted to get the stand framed out for the arrival of the new tank tomorrow,....BUT I do have one question,,....having never owned a large plexiglass tank before,...should I put the tank straight onto the plywood or should I use some sort of a buffer between the tank and the plywood , such as a piece of carpet , styrofoam etc...thanks, Dary

Styrofoam is always a good choice dary when's the new tank coming?

ryan-peddle said:
Styrofoam is always a good choice dary when's the new tank coming?

Tomorrow.....( But I'm not going to set it up til October )..... I'm assuming something like 1/4 " styrofoam ??? And where do you get it?

Back
Top Bottom