Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I'm using the nutrient transport mode right now.....

Thats what i was using also.., ,in my case , i think another 40 in sync with the first one would really work beautifully for my tank.. ,sorry you don't like your mp10 ., have you tried different pulse rates and more or less power etc?

My thought on the koralias vs the mp's is this...
Koralia
Pros: cheap, easy, useful, and good water current (shape, spread, power)
Cons: run backwards sometimes, bulky, I guess a little louder than the mp, and you have to buy the wave maker for it.

Ecotech MP
Pros: versatile, small, quiet, great water currents, able to be upgraded, can work in sync well, and comes with a wavemaker.
Cons: EXPENSIVE, too powerful for some tanks if you want even flow, price keeps people away from buying multiple which is key for indirect flow on corals, and I've heard programming it is kinda confusing of you want to use all the settings.

needmorecowbell said:
My thought on the koralias vs the mp's is this...
Koralia
Pros: cheap, easy, useful, and good water current (shape, spread, power)
Cons: run backwards sometimes, bulky, I guess a little louder than the mp, and you have to buy the wave maker for it.

Ecotech MP
Pros: versatile, small, quiet, great water currents, able to be upgraded, can work in sync well, and comes with a wavemaker.
Cons: EXPENSIVE, too powerful for some tanks if you want even flow, price keeps people away from buying multiple which is key for indirect flow on corals, and I've heard programming it is kinda confusing of you want to use all the settings.

I agree 100% with your observations ,... But I'm in the door now and I'm happy I am,...I had mine at about 50/60 % power and it seemed to be pushing one heck of a lot more water than my korlia 1400 ever did,...I'm just hoping that everything works out with this new one cuz I wanna sync the other side too,.., thanks for the input !

Just wondering, how easy is it to control the strength of the flow on it? Is it like a knob or something?

I'm starting to think about getting a mp10 now..

If u were not honest and the new one came in before you sent the old one out you could keep both and just buy a new wet side for the one giving errors And you will have an error free one for like 90 bucks. I think that's what a wet side replacment costs

Draw back being you would never be able to call them and expect help again

needmorecowbell said:
Just wondering, how easy is it to control the strength of the flow on it? Is it like a knob or something?

I'm starting to think about getting a mp10 now..

Pretty easy once you kinda figure things out,...flow rate and pulse rates are both adjusted via the knob,....I would imagine that the mp10 would be for a rather small tank,..Carey has one she's mad at,..maybe you can work a deal out ? ... Can't speak for the mp10 ,.. Just the mp40 .

Jason M said:
If u were not honest and the new one came in before you sent the old one out you could keep both and just buy a new wet side for the one giving errors And you will have an error free one for like 90 bucks. I think that's what a wet side replacment costs

Nah,..they have that covered,....they hold a cc # just to make sure they get everything back in one piece,...they send the new one out and then the FedEx relabels your box and picks it up.at the same time,...I think my pumps problem may have been in the controller and not the pump itself,... It'll all work out just fine I'm sure.

That maybe because you said that you looked at the wet side and didn't see anything so.I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy the unit as individual pieces online rather than buy it whole. The controller is 100 bucks I believe and the wet side is 90 or so for the mp40. I may be wrong but all you need then is the motor

Dary421 said:
Pretty easy once you kinda figure things out,...flow rate and pulse rates are both adjusted via the knob,....I would imagine that the mp10 would be for a rather small tank,..Carey has one she's mad at,..maybe you can work a deal out ? ... Can't speak for the mp10 ,.. Just the mp40 .

Oh that's good. I have a 30 gallon so it is probably the perfect size for it. Unfortunately I don't have any cash right now because of my constant impulse buys though lol.

I just finished booking my airfare for my girl friend ,daughter and myselfI for Hawaii at the end of September .., this is purely a scientific expedition to study the daily habits of the humuhumu's while snorkeling ,..the heavy beer drinking and partying are merely a coverup for the expedition,......yea!!! A good day for Dary ,...finally !!!

Flreefer said:
That's awesome Dary!!
Ever been to Hanauma Bay on Oahu?
Really cool place to snorkel!

Yes., I've been there but IMO there's so many better places to go,... We're headed back to Maui again this year to visit the spot I found last year which was awesome ,... I think the big island has the best sites though,...( but that's next years trip ).... It'll just be nice to get away for awhile,.scientific research or not ! :-/

That's cool! I've been to Oahu twice, but never got a chance to see any of the other islands. Only place I've ever scuba dove.( 3 dives)
About 20 years ago though!
Been to Jamaica twice recently , and it was beautiful, but doesn't compare to Hawaii!!
Want to take my wife out there but for a family of four, that's one pricey vacation!! Especially from Florida.

Been to maui oahu and the big island oh and lanai

I took a boat trip atound lanai from lahina in maui and that snirjeling was amazing nearly untouched waters even saw a newborn baby dolphin(mama still holding it up to breath
I think it was with captain daves boat
Sorry for any misspells on my phone ha

Flreefer said:
That's cool! I've been to Oahu twice, but never got a chance to see any of the other islands. Only place I've ever scuba dove.( 3 dives)
About 20 years ago though!
Been to Jamaica twice recently , and it was beautiful, but doesn't compare to Hawaii!!
Want to take my wife out there but for a family of four, that's one pricey vacation!! Especially from Florida.

My brother al lives in florida ( Melbourne ) ,..I always love it when he can make the trip,.... The big difference ( IMO) between the islands as far as snorkeling goes.., is the big island is Mainly lava right to the water's edge so there's very little sand to be kicked up by the waves and tides so the water is really,really clear and that makes for an awesome adventure,...but once I saw a shirt over there which just showed a map of all the islands with the caption. " it's all good",...
P.s. regarding a nice vacation with the family,... You only go around once,..tomorrow might bring some sort of tragedy to the family ( god forbid ) and you may not be physically able to go,... I try and go every year because you just never know what's around the bend,...enjoy the time you have ,especially with your family,.,..enjoy a vacation together ,..you deserve it and the family will be so much stronger and happy for it.

Last edited:
qb6fire said:
Been to maui oahu and the big island oh and lanai

I took a boat trip atound lanai from lahina in maui and that snirjeling was amazing nearly untouched waters even saw a newborn baby dolphin(mama still holding it up to breath
I think it was with captain daves boat
Sorry for any misspells on my phone ha

It's just a wonderful place to put on your fins and explore the other world....so glad you made it over there ,..the dolphin sighting musta been amazing!!!!

Back
Top Bottom