DD 24g 100 Litre Nano cube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hiya guys,

Heres the update from this week

Water tests are below:

Temp 26
SG 1.026
PH 7.6
KH 7.8
Ca 470
Mg 1440
N03 4
P04 0.08

So looking at the above ive done my weekly water change which will sort some of my levels out, im going to re-test Sat and will buffer accordingly, im going to daily dose 1ml of Coraline Gro (KH Buffer) and dose Mg and Ca when needed, ive also started on my No-pox again 2ml daily and ive also increased the Microbacter Bacteria to 2ml per day!
I have purchased a whitetail Bristlenose Tang from my LFS ive put him in there to see if he will pick all my hair algae out?? if not im going to try an Urchin however am quite concerned about it chewing up my corals so hence why i went for the tang??? i also brought a lovely 3 headed Hammer coral! obviously photos will follow.
I look forward to speaking to you all throughout the week
Oh, going to some nice beaches on Sunday to pick up a few Palaemon elegans (Rock pool shrimp) saw them in my LFS last week and he picked them up from the coast near us!
and finally the Copepod culture is doing really well which is quite promising, so im really not far off putting my Candy Pipes and Mandarin fish in.......
until next time!
:fish2:

qb6fire said:
That tang will be happy in that small of a tank?

Lol mate wondered how long it would take for someone to pick that up!!! He's tiny at the moment and can take up to 6 years to reach his full size that gives me a yr to find him a bigger tank lol although full size he should be around 7inches however by the end of the year I'm sure I will have a huge tank to put him in! Besides he's a test really if he doesn't work out he can go back to my LFS with no problem, however that's my excuse for needing the bigger tank as my Misses is already attached lol!!! See there is method to my madness!!!

Smart idea haha.
I need a house for a bigger tank:/
Altho its a purdy fish
I get my firefish and purple firefish as well on sunday woohoo then few weeks later my clowns and then im done with my stock list

qb6fire said:
Smart idea haha.
I need a house for a bigger tank:/
Altho its a purdy fish
I get my firefish and purple firefish as well on sunday woohoo then few weeks later my clowns and then im done with my stock list

Thought you might like that one lol!!!! Sweet good luck for Sunday get some photos up will be great to see! My clowns don't seem to be too bothered by the tang which is great for introducing the pipe and mandarin in a few weeks time!

That will be awsome to see them in the tank finally

I will get pics up as soon as i get them in the tank haha

Hiya guys sorry for the delayed update its been a hectic weekend at work, anyways here goes:
Water tests:

24/05/12
Temp 25
Ph 7.6
KH 8.4
Ca 430
Mg 1280
N03 4
P04 0.04

Buffer: 5ml Ca supplement 30ml Mg supplement

25/05/12
Temp 26
SG 1.026
PH 7.6
KH 8.4
Ca 450
Mg 1400
N03 4
P04 0.04

So all in all a good week last week PH is a little low but it seems to be stable and hopefully we can improve it by pulling the water perimeters back into line I'm increasing my KH to see if that helps! It was an expensive weekend with two new lights and a DD refractometer!
I went back this afternoon and couldn't resist a pink reef lobster, a cucumber and a few new mushrooms!! Will update with photos! As for the mass of hair algae I've just taken to pulling the majority off!
So there's nothing else to report I just keep it going checking once/twice a week & buffering as necessary
Until next week guys!!!
Happy reefing ;0)

I saw a pair of those pipe fish at a store the other day and they are sweet

Arghhhh got some great photos and am having great difficulty putting them on! Anyone else having trouble uploading photos to there threads???

Tank crash! :0( lost my long spine sea urchin, possum wrasse, blue stripe candy pipe, goldstreak Blenny! ;0( will update with perimeters later when I have more time but it's looking like the zeo in my back compartment crashed dumping the ammonia it's collected into the tank causing a huge spike! Everything happened so quickly! Managed to rescue the clowns and tang all inverts are doing well! There's nothing in the tank now until it's all settled down and we've got rid of all the ammonia etc! Glad the guys from my marine shop live just round the corner and could come to my aid! Such a tragedy! Speak soon guys

Nu-Nu the eel said:

Yes a tang! A white tail bristle tooth tang and he's probably no bigger than 1.5 inches and smaller than the clowns! And yes I will have a new tank by the end of the year, it will take him 6 years roughly to get to full size! Sorry about the delayed replies only just got back from work!

Lol thats funny, i love how small tangs can be. I saw about 100 blue tangs that were probably 1" an it was hilarious, they were like little chromis. Good luck with yours!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Lol thats funny, i love how small tangs can be. I saw about 100 blue tangs that were probably 1" an it was hilarious, they were like little chromis. Good luck with yours!

He is tiny and quite pretty hence why we got him! Plus he was a perfect aid for picking the algae out from in the tank!

Lost Toby the tang yesterday in the marine shop! :0( however replacement fish keep jumping in with my guys and it would be rude not to bring them home with what's left of my tank! ;0)

Back
Top Bottom