Dead Bumblebee snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MCluett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i went and had a look at the new addition to my tank ( emerald crab) and i noticed that one of my bumblebee snails has been killed. i have four of them and they were all hanging out it a group and seemed to be doing fine. who is to blame? the hermit crabs? my emerald crab? or could it have been the other bumble bee snails?

Acclimation is always in question as are hermit crabs. These snails are predatory whelks that consume fresh or reasonably fresh flesh. If it is not available, then carrion may suffice. Their prey includes tubed worms and benthic microfauna, but I wouldn't put it past me to think that if hunger sets in and food availability is low, much smaller conspecifics may be fair game.

I haven't had much success with my bumblebees. They all are gone. I acclimated them for two hours and in 6 months all 12 were already toast.

well aparently the snail isnt dead, it was lying on the bottom of my tank for 3 days or so and i went down yesterday and it was crawling along the front of the tank

Back
Top Bottom