Dead guppy concern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nphsmith

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We got 4 guppies, 3 girls and a boy, 10 days ago. They looked to have settled in fine, but had not noticed the male for a couple of days. This morning i saw him looking very lethargic indeed, and that he had what looked like green algae on his nose area.

This evening we were doing our weekly 15% pwc, and could not find him at all. I removed ornamwnts until the last one ( of course) was a log, to which, it turned out, our crab had taken guppys corpse.

Our tank is about 8/9 weeks old , has cycled, tested last night and 0 nitrite or ammonia. We have 4 corries 5 danios 2platys 3 guppies 2 rcc in a 78 litre tank, so dont think we are overstocked.

Daughter is of course traumatised by loss of sungle guppy. I am more worried about disease or other factors which may hurt more fish.

Does the green nose point at any disease? Any otger action i shpuld take?

Many thanks for thoughts

PS I should have mentioned the other guppies seem fine. My wife is concerned that one of the corrys spent the afternoon lying in one place, but he is nosing around as usual right now.

Back
Top Bottom